Subject: WHO Alliance for Food Safety Webinar - Register today!
From: "SAVELLI, Carmen" <[email-masked]>
To: "fos-alliance" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2025 10:08:50 +0300

<https://who.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_EpXSCQ0jQEO8lQk_ZCwtww> 

Webinar registration link:
<https://who.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_EpXSCQ0jQEO8lQk_ZCwtww>
https://who.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_EpXSCQ0jQEO8lQk_ZCwtww

Join the WHO Alliance for Food Safety for a webinar showcasing innovations
that are shaping the future of foodborne disease surveillance and food
contamination monitoring. As countries face growing challenges from
emerging pathogens, climate change, and complex food supply chains, new
tools and approaches are transforming the way we detect, track, and
respond to food safety threats. Experts from Canada, the United Kingdom,
and Oman will share their experiences applying advances in laboratory
science, digital technologies such as artificial intelligence, and applied
food research to strengthen surveillance and improve food safety outcomes.
This interactive session will highlight lessons learned, practical
innovations, and opportunities to enhance global collaboration in
foodborne disease surveillance. 

Webinar Programme

14:30-14:40

Introduction 

Dr Carmen Savelli

Scientist, Food Safety Action, Department of Nutrition and Food Safety,
world Health Organization

14:40-15:00

Innovations in lab science for food safety and public health impact

Dr Celine Nadon

Director, Enteric Diseases, National Microbiology Laboratory, Public
Health Agency of Canada

15:00-15:20

Exploring the future role of AI in foodborne disease surveillance and
outbreak management 

Amy Douglas

Lead Epidemiologist, Gastrointestinal infections, Food Safety and One
Health Division, UK Health Security Agency

15:20-15:40

Foodborne disease surveillance: Event-based surveillance project in Oman

Dr Adel Ben Saed Al Wahibi

Director, Epidemiological Surveillance Directorate, Ministry of Health,
Oman

15:40-16:00

Moderated Q&A

 

Read more about the Alliance here:
<https://www.who.int/initiatives/who-alliance-for-food-safety>
https://www.who.int/initiatives/who-alliance-for-food-safety