Subject: Survey on epidemiological notices in RAB/RATC platforms – deadline 28 August 2026
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, "CLAUS Mirko" <[email-masked]>, "Jo Wiersum" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2026 13:07:41 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

> Competent Authorities for blood and blood components, Competent 
> Authorities for tissues and cells
cc: SCB Members and Alternates

Dear colleagues,

As part of the revision of the Standard Operating Procedure for the Rapid 
Alerts for Blood and blood components (RAB) and the Rapid Alerts for Tissues 
and Cells (RATC), particularly in relation to epidemiological notices, the 
RAB/RATC subgroup of the Vigilance and Traceability Working Group of the SCB 
has prepared a survey, available here: 
<https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/Epidemiological_notices_RAB_RATC_Survey> 
https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/Epidemiological_notices_RAB_RATC_Survey 
.

The aim of this EU survey is to gather your views and practical experience 
regarding the use of epidemiological notices on the Rapid Alert for Blood 
(RAB) and Rapid Alert for Tissues and Cells (RATC) platforms in your Member 
State.

The survey should be completed by Competent Authorities or organisations 
that, at the time of reply, have access to the RAB and/or RATC platform, in 
line with their current use of these platforms.
One or more responses may be submitted per Member State, depending on the 
number of Competent Authorities in your country.

If you are not the Competent Authority or organisation that, at the time of 
reply, has access to the RAB and/or RATC platform, please forward this 
survey to the body or bodies responsible for RAB/RATC in your Member State.

The survey will remain open until Friday 28 August 2026.

Should you have any questions concerning the survey, please contact 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> .

We thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Kind regards,

MIRKO CLAUS

Policy Officer, on behalf of the SoHO team

---

European Commission
DG SANTE (Health and Food Safety)

Unit D2 – Medical Products: quality, safety, innovation

Office address: Rue Breydel 2, 06/004, B-1049 Brussels/Belgium
 <https://health.ec.europa.eu/blood-tissues-cells-and-organs_en> 
https://health.ec.europa.eu/blood-tissues-cells-and-organs_en