Subject: EU Cardiovascular Health Plan consultation open
From: "SNI" <[email-masked]>
To: "SNI" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2025 13:34:56 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

You may receive this e-mail through other channels – apologies for eventual 
cross-posting!

Dear Partners,

The European Commission has asked for our support in disseminating its ‘call 
for evidence’ for the EU Cardiovascular Health Plan, following the recent 
meeting of the Sub-group NCDs of the European Commission Expert Group on 
Public Health, held on 10 July 2025.

The call for evidence and feedback form are available from: 
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/better-regulation/have-your-say/initiatives/14755-EU-cardiovascular-health-plan_en> 
EU cardiovascular health plan

Considering the importance of the forthcoming CVD plan, we strongly 
encourage you to contribute to this consultation.

For background, you can access the presentations from the Subgroup meeting, 
including an overview on the CVD burden and key interventions presented by 
the WHO Regional Office for Europe, here:

https://health.ec.europa.eu/events/sub-group-eu-ncd-initiative-2025-07-10_en

We are also pleased to share the following WHO European Region resources, 
which may be helpful in framing your contributions:

*	Avoidable mortality, risk factors and policies for tackling NCDs 
<https://www.who.int/europe/publications/i/item/WHO-EURO-2025-12445-52219-80271>

*	A Lancet publication, 
<https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanepe/article/PIIS2666-7762(25)00073-0/fulltext> 
Quick buys for prevention and control of noncommunicable diseases

*	NCD quick buys 2-pager 
<https://www.who.int/europe/publications/m/item/ncd-quick-buys-25-interventions-five-years-or-less> 
summarizing the main takeaways of the above article

On behalf of Dr. Gundo Weiler,

Director for Prevention and Health Promotion, WHO Regional Office for Europe