Subject: Inquiry Regarding Medical Licensing and Malpractice Insurance Requirements in Estonia
From: "Katarzyna Wroblewska" <[email-masked]>
To: "Info - SOM" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2026 14:38:34 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I hope this message finds you well.
I am writing on behalf of International SOS and would appreciate your
assistance in clarifying certain regulatory requirements concerning
healthcare providers in Estonia.
Could you kindly advise us on the following points:

1.

	Do state-owned/public hospitals in Estonia hold a medical license
or other form of healthcare operating authorization issued by the relevant
Estonian authority?
2.

	Are hospitals in Estonia required by law to maintain professional
liability (medical malpractice) insurance?
3.

	Are private physicians and dentists required by law to carry
professional liability (medical malpractice) insurance in order to
practice?
4.

	If malpractice insurance is mandatory, could you please indicate
the applicable legal basis or direct us to the relevant legislation or
regulatory guidance?

We would be very grateful for any information or references you can
provide.
Thank you for your time and assistance. We look forward to your response.
Kind regards,

Katarzyna Wroblewska

Network Specialist

+420722912908

Global Shared Services Prague: +420 222 111 111

INTERNATIONAL SOS

WORLDWIDE REACH. HUMAN TOUCH.

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=31323334
-501d5122-313580f2-454445555731-73316660d2ed7a27&q=1&e=0ba81407-a4e8-4512-
809c-84a0eafa2175&u=https*3A*2F*2Fwww.internationalsos.com*2F-*2Fmedia*2Fc
orporate*2Ffiles*2Fdocuments*2Fpolicies*2Fgdpr-website-statement-25-jan-20
18.pdf__;JSUlJSUlJSUlJQ!!LMhewFfBWZ5W!LQTrdWL4zzpxHKaS6GMeY7GCQNJLX-ARSXPl
dGT8Cost13inJwnIZ8ZlpjtSh6Lv2TD1egKYgIgWyVkjKrjG1Im8dvITLg$> GDPR
STATEMENT

This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and
may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the
information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us by
replying e-mail and immediately and permanently deleting this message and
any attachments. Thank you.