Subject: Visit from American university students DIS - Oct 2025
From: "Priya Ranganath" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2025 10:12:47 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Hello there,

My name is Priya and I teach Public Health at DIS – Study Abroad in 
Scandinavia (http://disabroad.org/) in Copenhagen, Denmark. DIS is a 
non-profit study abroad program for American university students, and our 
students take a major/core course called Healthcare Systems: A Comparative 
Approach.

I was provided your contact details by Liisa Merrimaa from Terivisekassa, 
who the students have heard from in the past to learn more about health 
insurance for Estonians.

As part of this course, we have organized a study tour to Estonia and 
Finland to gain a perspective on European health care systems and different 
healthcare institutions and broaden students’ views of the challenges that 
health care providers in various countries. We will meet GPs, non-profit, 
legislators and other healthcare-related organizations to expand our 
students' knowledge of healthcare in this part of the world.

I am writing in hopes of arranging a lecture/talk with you or one of your 
colleagues in order to enable students to get a firsthand information on the 
organisation of crisis and emergency care in Estonia.

We are in Tallin on 6 and 7 October (Monday and Tuesday) and would be 
grateful for the opportunity to learn about the work done at Terviseamet.

The visits we plan typically are 1.5-2 hours. Any small workshops or 
discussion sessions engaging the students would be much appreciated but is 
of course not a requirement. The visit would have to be in English 😊

About our students:

Our students are about 20-21 years old, come from highly selective colleges 
and universities in the United States, and are typically in their 3rd year 
of their bachelor studies. They come from a variety of backgrounds, but the 
majority of the students on this tour are planning to pursue a career in 
medicine, hospital management, public health or healthcare. They are 
curious, intuitive and very eager to apply their learning not just within 
the classroom but also take home to use in their future studies and careers.

If you are able and interested in hosting the group, we can of course 
discuss the content in more detail.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing 
from you and working with you this coming semester as well as in the future.

Many thanks,

Priya.