Subject: Inquiry about a contact of responsible department for Law Translation
From: "USUI TOMOYA" <[email-masked]>
To: "Kristiina Krause - JUSTDIGI" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2026 10:41:12 +0300

Dear Ms. Krause,

Tere hommikust,

My name is USUI Tomoya, researcher/advisor at the Embassy of Japan in
Estonia.

I got your contact from Mr. IGARASHI Toru, our Head of Economic Affairs,
who coordinated events such as dinner at the Ambassador's residence with
Minister Pakosta.

I am writing to you to to ask about contact person in charge of law
translation in your Ministry.

This is because 3 delegation members from Judicial System Department of
the Minister's Secretariat in the (Japanese) Ministry of Justice is
planning to visit Estonia for some days between September 28 - first half
of October, of which concrete itinerary is under discussion according to
their visit to other countries.

During this visit, they would like to delve into and learn best practices
of Estonia’s efforts for law translation to foreign languages, which
Japanaese Ministry of Justice is also trying while only around 10% of
Japanese law has been translated into English.

The highest level of the delegation is Attorney, Deputy Director of
Judicial System Division.

If you could kindly connect me with a suitable person, I will share her CV
and their topics of interest to make it most of their visit.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Kind regards,

Tomoya USUI