Subject: Interview Digital Sovereignty
From: "Nowak, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2026 12:18:54 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Subject: Interview Digital Sovereignty
From: "Nowak, David" <[email-masked]>
To: "Nowak, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2026 12:18:54 +0300

Dear Sir or Madam,

Digital sovereignty is a central issue in the digitization of public
administration and a stated goal of the European Union and many national
governments.

As part of a research project at the University of Münster funded by the
German Research Foundation (DFG), I am examining the effects of digitization
on public administration. My research shows that while digital sovereignty
is frequently cited as an important goal, public organizations sometimes
have differing views on what digital sovereignty actually means and how it
can be strengthened.

I would therefore like to better understand the significance of digital
sovereignty in administrative practice, the challenges that exist, and the
strategies public organizations are pursuing to secure or expand their
digital sovereignty. 

To this end, I would like to cordially invite you to a brief interview. The
interview will last no more than 30 minutes and can take place by phone or
video conference. Of course, all information will be treated confidentially
and anonymized.

If you are willing to participate, I would appreciate it if you could
suggest two possible dates after September 4. 

As a token of my appreciation for your support, I will provide you with a
summary of the results upon completion of the study. This will provide an
overview of different understandings of digital sovereignty, as well as
strategies and measures for strengthening it in public administration. Thank
you very much for your support, and greetings from Münster.

Kind Regards

David Nowak

--

David Nowak, M.Sc.

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter / Research Assistant

Institut für Wirtschaftsinformatik / Department of Information Systems

ERCIS – European Research Center for Information Systems

Universität Münster / University of Münster

Leonardo-Campus 3
48149 Münster

Germany

P +49 251 83-38057

M  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

W  <http://www.ercis.org/> http://www.ercis.org
W  <http://www.wi.uni-muenster.de/is> http://www.wi.uni-muenster.de/is