Subject: Invitation for HTA institutions: Funded testing of the ASSESS DHT framework for HTA assessment of digital health technologies in Europe
From: "Asha Patel" <[email-masked]>
To: "Asha Patel" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "ASSESS DHT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2026 17:13:45 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.	Dear
Colleagues,
We are reaching out to you in your capacity as a national/regional Health
Technology Assessment (HTA) organisation with a mandate and expertise in
the assessment of health technologies.
The EU-funded project ASSESS DHT has developed a harmonised methodology
for assessing digital health technologies (DHTs) across Europe. The
project aims to support consistent, efficient, and transparent HTA
approaches for DHTs — including AI-based technologies, digital
therapeutics, and telehealth — and thereby contribute to a more coherent
European digital health market.
As part of this work, a comprehensive assessment framework was developed,
including an assessment manual, a lifecycle-based classification approach,
and a set of structured tools designed to support HTA bodies in evaluating
DHTs.
We are now launching a Call for Testing the Usability of the ASSESS DHT
Process and Tools for Assessing DHTs and would very much welcome your
organisation’s participation.
We would like to invite you to consider applying to take part in this
usability testing in your role as an HTA organisation. Participating HTA
bodies will act as early adopters of the framework, testing selected
elements and providing structured expert feedback to help refine and
strengthen the tools before wider implementation.
Key highlights of the call for HTA bodies include:
*   Opportunity to test one or more framework elements, including:
*   The full set of DHT evidence requirements (including lifecycle
assessment)
*   The Evidence Gaps Generation Tool
*   The Regulation–HTA Decision Chart
*   VALID-AI guidelines for AI-based Clinical Decision Support Systems
*   Contribution to shaping future European approaches to DHT assessment
*   Financial compensation per tested framework element (e.g., up to
€17,000 for all framework elements)
(If your HTA organisation is unable to accept funding but is interested
in contributing to the testing and refinement of an innovative framework
for the assessment of DHTs, we encourage you to get in touch with us to
participate without financial support.)
The application deadline is: 17 April 2026 (17:00 CET)
Participation would involve reviewing and testing selected tools or
guidance documents, engaging in online exchanges, and providing structured
feedback through questionnaires and discussions. The exercise is
exploratory and designed purely to improve the framework – it does not
result in formal assessments or binding outputs.
We believe your expertise in HTA would provide highly valuable insights
into the feasibility, clarity, and practical integration of these tools
within existing national or regional processes.
The full call document and application template are available at:
https://assess-dht.eu/call-usability
Should you have any questions, the call documentation provides further
details, and the ASSESS DHT team can be contacted via
[email-masked].
We hope you will consider submitting an application and contributing to a
harmonised HTA assessment of DHTs in Europe.
 
Kind regards,
Asha On behalf of the ASSESS DHT Project Team