Subject: Invitation to participate in a European study on NPS poisonings (2021–2025)
From: "Hondebrink, L. \(Laura\)" <[email-masked]>
To: "Hondebrink, L. \(Laura\)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Dr. Maren Hermanns-Clausen" <[email-masked]>, "Faber Katrin" <[email-masked]>, "VODOVAR, Dominique" <[email-masked]>, "Aza Kader" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2026 14:16:21 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear poison center, dear Colleague,

On behalf of our core research group including collaborators from the
Netherlands, Switzerland, France, Sweden, and Germany (Freiburg)), we
would like to invite your Poison Control Centre to participate in a
European collaborative study on poisonings involving New Psychoactive
Substances (NPS).

The primary aim of this project is to map NPS-related poisonings across
Europe over the period 2021–2025. By combining data from multiple Poison
Centres, we aim to generate a robust overview of temporal patterns and
geographical differences in NPS exposures reported to Poison Centres.

We plan to submit an abstract based on this work to the EAPCCT Congress
2027 in Malta, followed by a full scientific publication.

What participation involves
We kindly ask participating centres to:

*	Complete the standardized data collection template attached to
this email

*	Provide aggregated annual data on NPS-related poisoning cases for
the years 2021–2025 (first tab)
*	Provide general data on your poison centre (second tab)

*	Return the completed dataset by 1 September 2026

Authorship and collaboration

*	Centres contributing a minimum dataset will be included as
co-authors (rows listed as yes in green in column A of the Excel file)
*	The core group will be listed as primary authors
*	Two authors of each contributing centre can be listed collectively
(e.g., “NPS@PCC Group”), in line with authorship models used in previous
European collaborative studies (e.g., Euro-DEN Plus)
*	No input, other than data, is required from participants for the
initial EAPCCT abstract
*	All contributors will be invited to review and contribute to the
full manuscript at a later stage

We believe this study will provide valuable insight into the evolving
impact of NPS across Europe and strengthen collaboration between Poison
Centres.

If you are willing to participate, no further action is required at this
stage beyond completing and returning the attached template.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We look forward to your participation.

Kind regards,
Laura Hondebrink, Dutch PCC

On behalf of the NPS Core Group
Maren Hermans-Clausen (Freiburg PCC)
Dominique Vodovar (France PCC)
Aza Kader (Swedish PCC)
Katrin Faber (Switzerland, Tox Info Suisse)

Kind regards,

Laura Hondebrink

Staff Member, Senior Researcher, Toxicologist (ERT), PhD
Dutch Poisons Information Center, University Medical Center Utrecht

 <https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=hondebrink%2Cl&sort=date>
Publications |  <https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9823-008X> ORCID I
<http://www.vergiftigingen.info/> www.vergiftigingen.info

  _____

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en is
uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht onterecht
ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en de afzender
direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren. Het Universitair
Medisch Centrum Utrecht is een publiekrechtelijke rechtspersoon in de zin
van de W.H.W. (Wet Hoger Onderwijs en Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek) en staat
geregistreerd bij de Kamer van Koophandel voor Midden-Nederland onder nr.
30244197.

Denk s.v.p aan het milieu voor u deze e-mail afdrukt.

  _____

This message may contain confidential information and is intended
exclusively for the addressee. If you receive this message
unintentionally, please do not use the contents but notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail. University Medical Center Utrecht is a legal
person by public law and is registered at the Chamber of Commerce for
Midden-Nederland under no. 30244197.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.