Subject: Joint CS statement on MFF: Who will the EU be in the world of tomorrow?
From: "Valentina Barbagallo" <[email-masked]>
To: Gerrit Mäesalu, "Riigikantselei", <[email-masked]>, "Britta Tarvis", "RAM Info", "[email-masked]", <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, "Kasia Lemanska" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2024 18:24:54 +0300

Dear Prime Minister Kallas, Minister Võrklaev, Minister Tsahkna, Minister
Juhandi,

I am writing on behalf of a group of 53 civil society organizations and
networks from various sectors of development cooperation, human rights,
peace-building, climate and environmental protection, and humanitarian
aid.

Please find attached our joint statement, in response to the mid-term
revision of the MFF, and in the context of discussions on the next EU
Strategic Agenda (2024-2029) and the future MFF – including tomorrow at
the Foreign Affairs Council on Development.

We are concerned about the impact of the recent cuts, and urge you to
protect and increase external action spending in the next MFF and
prioritise cooperation on global challenges in the upcoming Strategic
Agenda. Failure to do so will not only jeopardise the EU's role on the
global stage but also undermine the values and objectives it aims to
promote.

We thank you for your consideration, and would be grateful for the
opportunity to discuss our concerns and recommendations in a meeting with
your offices.

Best regards,

Valentina Barbagallo

EU & Climate Lead, Global Citizen

 <tel:+32471682943> +32471682943| @v_barbagallo |
<http://www.globalcitizen.org/> www.GlobalCitizen.org