Subject: ENMCA - urgent request regarding IMI alerts
From: "Contact ENMCA" <[email-masked]>
To: "Contact ENMCA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2025 11:36:48 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear ENMCA colleagues

Please see an urgent request below from the Romanian College of Physicians.

Can you share responses with [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>

Many thanks

___________________________________________________________________________

On behalf of the Romanian College of Physicians, we respectfully request 
your support in providing information regarding the application and 
consequences of sanctions imposed on physicians registered within your 
country, particularly in cases where such physicians continue to practice 
the medical profession abroad, while maintaining membership in your 
organization for the duration of their professional activity in a foreign 
state.

In this context, we refer to alerts sent through the IMI system.

1.      We would be grateful if you could inform us of the measures 
undertaken by your national medical authority upon receiving such an alert 
concerning a physician who has been subject to a sanction (such as 
interdiction, suspension, or erasure from the medical register).

2.      We would appreciate clarification as to whether there are legal 
provisions in your jurisdiction that oblige the national medical authority 
to recognize, enforce, or otherwise transpose a sanction applied by another 
country against a physician who is a member of your organization, but who 
has practiced abroad for a certain period of time.

3.      We also kindly request information on the situation of physicians 
originating from other countries who seek initial registration with your 
medical organization, and in respect of whom you have previously received an 
IMI alert indicating a sanction (interdiction, suspension, or erasure from 
the register). Specifically, we need to know whether existing legislation in 
your country precludes such physicians from being admitted to membership in 
your organization.

We sincerely thank you for your attention and valuable support, and we 
remain at your disposal for any further clarification.

European Network of Medical Competent Authorities

www.enmca.eu <http://www.enmca.eu>

  <https://www.enmca.eu/themes/custom/cnom_enmca/logo.svg>