Subject: Personal Invitation to the Privacy Symposium Conference 2027
From: "Privacy Symposium" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2026 16:18:18 +0300

Excellence, Dear Minister Liisa-Ly Pakosta,

On behalf of the Privacy and Data Governance Symposium and the Italian Data 
Protection Authority, we would be honored to welcome you and give you the 
floor at the next edition of the Privacy Symposium conference in Venice, on 
April 26th to 30th, 2027. We would particularly welcome your participation 
on Tuesday, April 27th, on the International Cooperation programme, to share 
your vision on privacy as a cornerstone of democratic governance and the 
rule of law in an increasingly data-driven society.

The Privacy Symposium aims at promoting international dialogue, cooperation, 
and knowledge sharing on data governance, regulatory compliance, and the 
rule of law in the digital space. Like in previous editions, the conference 
will bring together authorities, industry leaders, and international 
experts, and over 400 top-level speakers, including ministers of justice, 
heads of international and regional organizations, and senior practitioners 
from all continents.

The 2026 edition hosted substantive discussions on some of the most 
consequential legal and institutional questions of our time, bridging 
technological and the legal aspects. These discussions engaged the most 
senior representatives of the institutions shaping this field, including 
Michael McGrath, EU Commissioner for Democracy, Justice, the Rule of Law and 
Consumer Protection; Sarah B. Rogers, U.S. Under Secretary of State for 
Public Diplomacy; the European Commission; the European Parliament; the 
EDPB; the Council of Europe, Europol, the United Nations Special Rapporteur 
on the Right to Privacy, the U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Privacy 
and Civil Liberties Oversight Board, among others.

In order to share more details and to adapt the programme to your priorities 
and availabilities, we propose planning an online meeting with you or your 
assistant, preferably before the end of June, if possible. Meanwhile, do not 
hesitate to contact us at  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked].

We thank you in advance for your consideration and look forward to welcoming 
you to Venice next year.

Yours sincerely,
Dr Sébastien Ziegler
Chair of the Organizing Committee

  <https://workspace.storage.infomaniak.com/signature/70c31983897fb182c558c9a5453bd2a95431e407>

Website:  <https://privacysymposium.org/> https://privacysymposium.org/