Subject: FYI: Sharing Meeting Report – Travel Medicine Stakeholder Consultation (3–4 June 2025)
From: "Epidemic Intelligence" <[email-masked]>
To: "DL_SPR.GEIHS.all" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Epidemic Intelligence" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2025 17:20:44 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear colleagues,

I am sharing with you the meeting report from the ECDC stakeholder
consultation on travel medicine held on 3–4 June 2025. The meeting brought
together representatives from the ECDC Vaccine-Preventable Diseases
Network, the Emerging and Vector-Borne Disease Network, the Threat
Detection Network, and the National Immunisation Technical Advisory Group
(NITAG) Collaboration, alongside key international actors in the field.

Over the course of two days, participants* discussed the current landscape
of travel medicine in Europe and globally, identified critical gaps in
surveillance and advice provision, and explored the potential role of ECDC
in supporting travel medicine activities. The discussions highlighted
several opportunities for enhanced coordination.

The meeting also underscored the importance of broadening stakeholder
engagement and conducting a comprehensive mapping exercise to ensure
representativeness in future consultations.

Should you have any questions or wish to share feedback, please do not
hesitate to reach out.

Warm regards,

Leonidas Alexakis

On behalf of the ECDC epidemic intelligence team

*Participants for the meeting were selected through a call for interest
sent to three networks, the ECDC Emerging and Vector-borne Diseases
Network, the ECDC Threat Detection Network and the ECDC
Vaccine-Preventable Diseases Network, as well as the ECDC National
Immunisation Technical Advisory Group (NITAG) Collaboration. Individuals
who expressed interest were considered for participation, and two
representatives from each network were selected to attend. In addition,
organisations working on travel medicine in an international context were
approached

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby
kindly requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content
to any third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous
transmittal.

Classified as ECDC NORMAL