Subject: Medscape Interview: AI in Medicine
From: "Annie Lennon" <[email-masked]>
To: "Ravimiamet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2026 09:12:00 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To whom this may concern,

Hope all is well! My name is Annie Lennon, and I'm a freelance medical 
journalist at Medscape, one of Europe's leading healthcare websites intended 
for healthcare professionals.

I'm currently working on a feature piece looking at whether declining trust 
in doctors is pushing some patients to rely more heavily on AI tools for 
self-diagnosis and self-medication — and what that means for patient safety. 
I was wondering if I could discuss the topic with you. These are the kinds 
of questions I have in mind:

1) How much evidence is there that some patients distrust doctors or formal 
healthcare pathways and are turning to AI instead?

2) Are patients using AI tools to self-diagnose and then find ways to access 
medicines without medical supervision?

3) How does this behavior affect patient safety? What are the positive and 
negative effects?

4) Given that AI is here to stay and patients will continue using it, what 
can clinicians and health systems do to keep people safe?

It'd be great to receive any comments back by Friday morning, May 22nd.

Much appreciated and best wishes,

Annie Lennon