Subject: RE: Some questions about e-cigarette notification
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <
Date: Thu, 22 May 2025 11:20:26 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Mr./Ms. Sun Jing

According to Royal Decree 579/2017 of Spain, which transposes the EU Tobacco 
Products Directive (2014/40/EU) into Spanish law, here's the answers to each 
questions:

1.	Can an empty cartridge be larger than 2mL?
Yes. The 2mL volume restriction applies only to cartridges or tanks that 
contain nicotine-containing e-liquid. Empty cartridges or tanks (without 
nicotine) are not subject to the 2mL volume limit, but if there is a 
possibility of use with nicotine (e.g., refillable devices), or if the 
product could be misleadingly similar to nicotine-containing ones the 2 ml 
restriction must be complied with.

2.	Can a 0mg e-cigarette be larger than 2mL?
Yes. E-cigarettes with 0mg/ml of nicotine (i.e., nicotine-free) are not 
subject to the 2mL volume limit, since this restriction only applies to 
products containing nicotine.

3.	Do 0mg e-cigarettes/e-liquids need to be notified?
No, but with conditions. Products that do not contain nicotine are not 
subject to the notification requirements under Article 7 of RD 579/2017. 
However, if there is a possibility of use with nicotine (e.g., refillable 
devices), or if the product could be misleadingly similar to 
nicotine-containing ones, authorities might still scrutinize them under 
general consumer safety laws.

Regards.

Unidad de Prevención y Control del Tabaquismo

Subdirección General de Promoción, Prevención y Equidad en Salud

Dirección General de Salud Pública y Equidad en Salud. Secretaría de Estado 
de Sanidad

Ministerio de Sanidad / Spanish Ministry of Health

P. del Prado, 18-20. 28071 MADRID

[email-masked]

De: Sun, Jing <[email-masked]>
Enviado el: martes, 20 de mayo de 2025 4:51
Para: tabak <[email-masked]>; enottab <[email-masked]>; itti_markovo 
<[email-masked]>; n.dimitrova <[email-masked]>; 
healthservices <[email-masked]>; podatelna 
<[email-masked]>; euceg <[email-masked]>; sik <[email-masked]>; info 
<[email-masked]>; tupakka <[email-masked]>; info-industrie-vapotage 
<[email-masked]>; 113 <[email-masked]>; exartiseis 
<[email-masked]>; vklisiari <[email-masked]>; agrarpiaci 
<[email-masked]>; ecigarette.notification 
<[email-masked]>; info.tpd <[email-masked]>; 
l.spizzichino <[email-masked]>; dati <[email-masked]>; ntakd 
<[email-masked]>; ministere-sante <[email-masked]>; 
Hadrian.bonello <[email-masked]>; tpd.ehd <[email-masked]>; tyton 
<[email-masked]>; ingredientes.tabaco 
<[email-masked]>; mihaela.necula 
<[email-masked]>; vanda.kralovska <[email-masked]>; 
ecigarete <[email-masked]>; Prevención del Tabaquismo 
<[email-masked]>; euceg 
<[email-masked]>; tabakslijsten <[email-masked]>
Asunto: Some questions about e-cigarette notification
Importancia: Alta

Dear Sir/Madam,

We want to confirm below informations:

1. Empty cartridge can be larger than 2mL?

2. 0mg e-cigarette can be larger than 2mL?

3. 0mg e-cigarette/e-Liquid need to be notified?

Looking forward for your reply. Thank you.

  _____

Regards，

  <https://img30.360buyimg.com/pop/jfs/t1/120831/11/24860/27079/6241232fE91094584/0416476ecc305e86.png>

Sun Jing

  <https://img30.360buyimg.com/pop/jfs/t1/198884/38/21266/2071/6239cb1cEd96821af/2f738307182aa327.jpg>

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

  <https://img30.360buyimg.com/pop/jfs/t1/199822/18/21714/18570/624021f6E4d5f06fe/043f4a8d90805e55.png>

 <https://smex-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.element%2dtesting.com&umid=2a50886d-7af3-4034-b4f1-d685c303da40&auth=9ae61935f22c08d3ff0cae166c2a1088a6a20128-fb4e0de066c0397a8bbc8bb06e5bd4fc090f1985> 
http://www.element-testing.com/

  <https://img30.360buyimg.com/pop/jfs/t1/128841/23/26942/18741/624021f5E58635191/7aa3d96e20af676a.png>

+86-755-28506411

  <https://img30.360buyimg.com/pop/jfs/t1/213693/24/16166/18448/624021f6E0ca7968a/6596be7930d0c6d0.png>

深圳市元素检测有限公司
Shenzhen Element Testing Co., Ltd.

  <https://img30.360buyimg.com/pop/jfs/t1/126093/34/26073/2142/6239ca68Eb62d2ba8/fc9c97b5964d612c.jpg>

深圳市龙岗区坪地街道坪西社区龙岭北路76号B栋1楼&D栋4楼

1F, Bldg. B & 4F, Bldg. D, No. 76, Longlingbei Rd, Pingxi, Pingdi St, 
Longgang Dist, Shenzhen, 518117, China

  _____

CONFIDENCIALIDAD. El contenido de este mensaje y el de cualquier 
documentación anexa es confidencial y va dirigido únicamente al destinatario 
del mismo. Si Usted no es el destinatario, le solicitamos que nos lo 
indique, no comunique su contenido a terceros y proceda a su destrucción.

CONFIDENTIALITY. The content of this message and any attached information is 
confidential and exclusively for the use of the addresser. If you are not 
the addresser, we ask you to notify to the sender, do not pass its content 
and delete the original.