Subject: Invitation Letter for the Diplomatic briefing on the economic situation in Ukraine, July 14, 2026
From: "Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting \(IER\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2026 09:30:00 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

 Dear Colleagues,

The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting is pleased to 
invite you to our regular monthly "Diplomatic Briefing," where IER experts 
share their insights on the current economic situation in Ukraine and 
present the latest results of our business tendency survey.

The upcoming Diplomatic Briefing, focused on “Ukraine’s economic situation 
and challenges in June 2026”, will take place online via Zoom on July 14, 
2026, Tuesday, from 16:00 to 17:00 Kyiv time (9:00-10:00 EST / 15:00-16:00 
CEST).

In May Ukraine received record external support, which included financing 
from the EU under Ukraine Facility and Ukraine Support Loan as well as DPO 
financing from the World Bank. To receive financing in the future Ukraine 
needs to speed up reforms and changes envisaged in Ukraine Plan, which was 
amended and became even more ambitious. The IMF program will also have new 
structural benchmarks after the first review: the IMF Executive Board 
decision is expected in July.

In June, economic situation somewhat improved due to better access to 
electricity, lower prices for fuel and stable demand. At the same time, some 
companies suffered from damages and losses caused by russian drones and 
missiles. The situation with the access to fuel becomes problematic on the 
East of Ukraine.

During the Diplomatic Briefing we will discuss in more details the financial 
challenges, key economic parameters and business tendencies.

Speakers:

Oleksandra Betliy, macroeconomic, public finance, social and healthcare 
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;

Iryna Kosse, infrastructure policy expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;

Oksana Kuziakiv, IER Executive Director, Head of the Centre for Contemporary 
Society studies.

✅ English is a working language of the meeting.

We sincerely hope that you can honor us with your presence.

✅ Please, register for the participation in the Briefings via 
<https://forms.cloud.microsoft/e/tV7UnHth9W> 
https://forms.cloud.microsoft/e/tV7UnHth9W

Diplomatic Briefings represent an exclusive initiative by the IER, 
thoughtfully tailored to cater to the needs of diplomatic institutions, 
government entities, and central banks of Ukraine’s international partners. 
We kindly request your discretion in refraining from sharing this invitation 
with individuals outside of your respective organizations.

Should you wish to extend this invitation to additional colleagues who would 
benefit from this discussion, we would appreciate if you would be so kind to 
provide us with their contact information.

The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting (IER) is a 
well-known Ukrainian independent think tank established in 1999, focusing on 
economic research and policy consulting. The IER is a top Ukrainian think 
tank with internationally recognized expertise almost 20 years of experience 
in implementing projects on Ukraine's economic development funded by 
international donor organizations, i.e. SIDA, USAID, UNDP, World Bank Group 
and others. In 2017 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report the IER is one of 
the 140 Best Independent Think Tanks out of  6,500 surveyed, it is  49th in 
“Best Advocacy Campaign” category, 69th as best International Economics 
Think Tank and  86th best Think Tank in Central and Eastern Europe.  The IER 
has successfully implemented multiple international donors projects related 
to the field of reform implementation in Ukraine. The IER successfully 
combines professional analysis with active involvement in public dialogue 
and advocacy and actively cooperates with Ukrainian national and regional 
authorities in issues related to strategic planning and policy development 
as well as policy implementation. The IER has the capacity for grant 
management and provides re-granting for capacity development to regional 
civil society organizations and media. The IER financial standing has been 
secured through projects as well as private contributions.

__________________

Kind regards,

Igor Burakovsky

IER Head of the Board

The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting