Subject: Submission on Draft Savings and Loan Associations Amendment Act
From: "Natalie McQuade" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Riigikantselei - RK" <[email-masked]>, "Info - RAM" <[email-masked]>, "Matt Bland" <[email-masked]>, "Erin O'Hern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2025 21:03:40 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Members of the Finance Committee,

Please find attached a letter from the Association of British Credit Unions 
(ABCUL) regarding the draft Savings and Loan Associations Amendment Act 
currently under consideration by the Riigikogu.

In this letter, we express our deep concerns about the proposed legislation 
and highlight the crucial role credit cooperatives play in supporting 
financial inclusion and economic resilience. We also set out ABCUL’s strong 
support for the efforts of the World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU) and 
the Estonian Union of Credit Cooperatives (EUCC) in advocating for a 
proportionate and enabling regulatory framework in Estonia.

We trust that our submission will be of value to your deliberations, and we 
would be pleased to provide any further information or clarification if 
helpful.

Kind regards,

Natalie

Natalie McQuade

Head of Advocacy and Regulatory Affairs

 <https://www.abcul.coop/news/cdcu/> Read our Community Development Credit 
Union White Paper ‑ Click Here

Email:

  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

Switchboard:

 0161 832 3694

Mobile:

 07538 846211

Are you logged in?

 <https://www.abcul.coop/home> www.abcul.coop

Disclaimer: ABCUL is a limited company registered in England and Wales. 
Society registered under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies 
Act 2014 Reg No. 23136R Registered office address: Holyoake House, Hanover 
Street, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M60 0AS. The information contained 
in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely 
for use by the recipient and others authorised to receive it. If you are not 
the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, 
distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this 
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been 
automatically archived by ABCUL.