Subject: Invitation Letter for the Diplomatic briefing on May 14, 2024
From: "Victorya Zhovtenko" <[email-masked]>
To: "Victorya Zhovtenko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 12:42:24 +0300

Dear Distinguished Colleagues,

The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting would like to
invite you for our regular monthly ‘Diplomatic Briefing’ during which IER
experts share their views on the economic situation in Ukraine as well as
present the results of recent business tendency survey.
The next Diplomatic Briefing dedicated to a discussion “Ukraine’s economic
situation and challenges in April 2024” will be held online via Zoom on
May 14, 2024, Tuesday, from 16:00 to 17:00 Kyiv time (9:00-10:00 EST /
15:00-16:00 CEST).
In April Russia continued shelling of energy infrastructure, which created
the problem for the access to electricity for business and households in
several regions. The risks for the next heating season increased. Still,
the business remained resistance and reported increase in production. The
IER experts estimates show that real GDP growth deceleration in April as
compared to March 2024. Still, according to the IER's Business Tendency
Survey (#NRES) business remained optimistic even though uncertainty
remains high. More on the business expectations will be covered during the
meeting.
As Ukraine continued implementation of required reforms it was able to
receive EUR 1.5 bn under the Ukraine Facility (EU). However, the fiscal
situation remains difficult and financial needs are high to keep Ukraine’s
economy resilient. IER experts will explore more on the topic during the
meeting.
We will also talk about the trade developments and monetary policy.
Keynote speakers:
Oleksandra Betliy, macroeconomic, public finance, social and healthcare
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;
Vitaliy Kravchuk, macroeconomic, monetary policy and financial market
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;
Oksana Kuziakiv, IER Chief Executive, Head of the Center for Contemporary
Society studies.
The meeting will be moderated by Veronika Movchan, IER Academic Director.
English is a working language of the meeting.
We sincerely hope that you can honor us with your presence.
Please, register for the participation in the Briefings via e-mail:
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

 <http://www.ier.com.ua/en>

Reytarska 8/5-А, 01054 Kyiv

е-mail: [email-masked]

 <https://www.facebook.com/IER.Kyiv>

IER.Kyiv

 <https://twitter.com/IER_Kyiv>

@IER_Kyiv