Subject: Invitation Letter for the Diplomatic briefing on the economic situation in Ukraine, June 13, 2024
From: "Victorya Zhovtenko" <[email-masked]>
To: "Victorya Zhovtenko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2024 11:44:59 +0300

Dear Colleagues,

The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting would like to
invite you for our regular monthly ‘Diplomatic Briefing’ during which IER
experts share their views on the economic situation in Ukraine as well as
present the results of recent business tendency survey.
The next Diplomatic Briefing dedicated to a discussion “Ukraine’s economic
situation and challenges in May 2024” will be held online via Zoom on June
13, 2024, Thursday, from 16:00 to 17:00 Kyiv time (9:00-10:00 EST /
15:00-16:00 CEST).
In May, as shown by the IER business tendency survey, the biggest
impediment to business operation was the ‘danger to work’, which is
explained by the increased shelling by Russia of Ukrainian territory all
over the country. The missile and drone attacks resulted in high losses of
electricity generating capacity, which caused problems with the access to
electricity both for business and population. Even though exports remained
high, but it was still lower than in April. The lack of qualified labour
became the second largest impediment for business operation.
Overall, the IER experts estimated that real GDP growth decelerated in May
as compared to April. The outlook also worsened with smaller real GDP
growth expected in 2024.
At the same time, Ukraine remains on track with the implementation of
conditionalities and benchmarks under the IMF program and Ukraine
Facility. However, there is still a financing gap in 2024 as well as in
2025.
We will also talk more about these topics as well as trade developments
and monetary policy.
English is a working language of the meeting.
We sincerely hope that you can honor us with your presence.
Please, register for the participation in the Briefings via e-mail:
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
Diplomatic Briefings represent an exclusive initiative by the IER,
thoughtfully tailored to cater to the needs of diplomatic institutions,
government entities, and central banks of Ukraine’s international
partners. We kindly request your discretion in refraining from sharing
this invitation with individuals outside of your respective organizations.
Should you wish to extend this invitation to additional colleagues who
would benefit from this discourse, we humbly request that you provide us
with their contact information.

 <http://www.ier.com.ua/en>

Reytarska 8/5-А, 01054 Kyiv

е-mail: [email-masked]

 <https://www.facebook.com/IER.Kyiv>

IER.Kyiv

 <https://twitter.com/IER_Kyiv>

@IER_Kyiv