Subject: FASTER project - Invitation to participate in the self-assessment survey on Rapid Earthquake Response (RRE) readiness
From: "Auclair Samuel" <[email-masked]>
To: "Auclair Samuel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2026 13:23:16 +0300

TÄHELEPANU! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada!

Dear National Civil Protection Focal Point,

Earthquakes remain one of the most devastating natural hazards across the
Euro-Mediterranean region, causing significant human, economic and
environmental losses within minutes. In the critical first hours following
an event — often referred to as the “golden hours” — the ability to
rapidly assess impacts on populations, buildings and critical
infrastructure is essential for effective decision-making and response
coordination.

However, not all countries have developed rapid response to earthquakes
(RRE) tools, and where such systems exist, they often differ in scope,
methodology and operational use. At present, no common operational
framework supports cross-border cooperation at European or international
level. Addressing this gap is a key motivation behind the FASTER project.

About the FASTER project
FASTER
<https://civil-protection-knowledge-network.europa.eu/projects/faster>
(Fast Impact Assessment Systems and Tools for Earthquake Response) is
funded by the European Union under the Union Civil Protection Mechanism
(UCPM) Knowledge for Action in Prevention and Preparedness (KAPP)
programme. The project aims to:

1.	Improve and harmonise RRE tools to support cooperation within the
UCPM and beyond;
2.	Enhance responsiveness through experience-sharing and analysis of
real events; and
3.	Strengthen stakeholder awareness and coordination across all
levels of civil protection.

About the survey
As a first step, we invite national civil protection authorities across
the Euro-Mediterranean region to complete a short self-assessment on their
RRE readiness.

We kindly ask you to
<https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/8bc2b674-bea3-c925-eff4-50a240a3bae0
> complete the questionnaire by 15 September 2026. The estimated
completion time is approximately 10 minutes.

The objective of the survey is to build a Euro-Mediterranean overview of
RRE capabilities by collecting harmonised information on how civil
protection authorities access, receive and use rapid post-earthquake
information in support of emergency management.

By participating, your organisation will:

*	Gain an initial overview of existing tools, procedures and
experience related to RRE;
*	Identify potential gaps and areas for improvement;
*	Contribute to a broader European understanding of RRE readiness
and implementation.

The results will feed into the  <https://www.cmine.eu/topics/58532/home>
FASTER Community of Practice and will be shared in aggregated and
anonymised form through project reports and knowledge products.

Your contribution is highly valuable — whether your country already
operates an RRE system or is at an early stage of development. Your input
will help ensure that FASTER activities are aligned with real operational
needs across Europe.

Should you have any questions or require assistance, please do not
hesitate to contact us at  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked].

Thank you in advance for your time and collaboration. We also look forward
to welcoming you to the FASTER Community of Practice.

Quick links
Survey (available in EN, FR, IT, ES, RO):
<https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/8bc2b674-bea3-c925-eff4-50a240a3bae0
>
https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/8bc2b674-bea3-c925-eff4-50a240a3bae0

Kind regards,
Samuel Auclair - FASTER Project Coordinator

AUCLAIR Samuel

Seismologist engineer

“Crisis management” scientific coordinator

Risks Department - Seismic and Volcanic Risks Unit

3 av. Claude-Guillemin - BP 36009 - 45060 ORLÉANS Cedex 2

Tél : + 33 (0)2 38 64 36 86 /  <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked]

BRGM – FRENCH GEOLOGICAL SURVEY /  <http://www.brgm.eu/> www.brgm.eu

 <https://www.linkedin.com/company/brgm>
<https://www.threads.net/@brgm_fr>
<https://www.instagram.com/brgm_fr/>     <https://www.youtube.com/@brgmTV>