Subject: Response to inquiry: Embassy of Uruguay - Consular Section - Ministry of the Interior of Estonia - Office of the Population Register
From: Helika Villmäe <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "SiM info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2026 10:21:21 +0300

To the Embassy of Uruguay in Helsinki

Dear Mr/Mrs,

The Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Estonia extends its 
compliments and thanks you for your inquiry and interest regarding the 
procedure for issuing official Estonian documents. We are prepared to share 
the necessary information within the scope of our competence.

We confirm that the extract of residence data from the Estonian Population 
Register attached to your letter was issued via the secure web environment 
of the Estonian Population Register ( <http://www.rahvastikuregister.ee> 
www.rahvastikuregister.ee). The extract bears the digital seal of the 
Ministry of the Interior’s Information Technology and Development Centre the 
authorized processor of the Estonian Population Register which verifies the 
document's authenticity and the accuracy of the data contained therein.

The digital seal certifies that the electronically transmitted document 
originates from the issuing authority and that said authority bears 
responsibility for the document's authenticity. Consequently, a digitally 
sealed document is an official document of the Republic of Estonia and may 
be relied upon on an equal footing with other electronic documents issued by 
Estonian authorities.

We are unable to provide a sample, whether electronic or in paper format, of 
the residence data extract (certificate of residence) you requested in a 
manner that displays its specific formatting, content, signatures, seals, or 
the signatures of authorized officials. In general, there is no substantive 
difference between the electronic and paper versions of the document; any 
variations arise solely from the specific data regarding the individual 
contained in the Population Register. For example, if a person has a valid 
registered residential address, it is indicated on the extract, if no 
address exists, the corresponding field is marked with a dash.

Samples of official documents issued from the Estonian Population Register 
can be viewed in the European Commission’s public database of document 
samples: 
<https://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/imi-net/repositories/commonly-used-public-documents/ee_en.htm> 
Estonia - Repository of most commonly used public documents - Internal 
Market Information System - European Commission

Matters concerning the Criminal Records Register fall within the remit of 
the Ministry of Justice and Digital Affairs, therefore, we are forwarding 
your inquiry regarding the criminal record certificate to the Ministry of 
Justice and Digital Affairs for a response.

If you have any further questions regarding documents or registers within 
the administrative area of ​​the Ministry of the Interior, please submit 
them to [email-masked]. You may also contact the Embassy of the 
Republic of Estonia in Helsinki if necessary; the Embassy can provide 
general information regarding Estonian official documents.

The Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Estonia thanks you once 
again for your inquiry.

Kind regards

Helika Villmäe
nõunik
Siseministeerium

 <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]

+372 5919 3769
 <https://www.siseministeerium.ee/> 
<http://www.facebook.com/siseministeerium> 
<https://open.spotify.com/show/1LO39xEFNzMh1Hd5ExumMi?si=9c67417b19184c53>